An experienced Maryland Divorce Lawyer, Robert L. Flanagan understands that the pain of divorce can be agonizing. He focuses on getting issues resolved as quickly and efficiently as possible.
If circumstances permit negotiation is often the best alternative. Parties, working with their respective lawyers may negotiate directly with each other, negotiate through their lawyers or utilize a mediator. The goal is to reach a written separation agreement that resolves all issues incident to the divorce. This can reduce legal expenses and emotional turmoil. When the statutory requirements for divorce are met, usually a one year voluntary separation, the separation agreement is made a part of the divorce decree.
Unfortunately, not all divorces can be handled in this fashion. In such instances, the experience and skills of a seasoned divorce lawyer with litigation experience may be appropriate.
Robert L. Flanagan is a family law attorney with extensive experience in the following areas:
- Contested and uncontested divorces
- No fault divorces (separation agreements)
- Divorce based on fault including adultery, abandonment, constructive desertion and abuse
- Permanent and temporary alimony
- Child custody
- Child visitation
- Child support
- Marital Property and non marital property issues including real estate, ownership interest in a businesses, pension rights, retirement accounts, saving accounts, stocks, bonds, personal property and discovery of hidden assets.
- Pre-nuptial agreements
- Child abuse
- Domestic violence
If you are facing a challenging divorce law situation and it is important to you that it be handled correctly, accept our invitation to sit down with Robert L. Flanagan for an initial consultation. Please use the contact form to the right to make an appointment.